b. Greenville SC 1989
2018 - present
Adjunct Professor, Studio Art Sculpture. College of Charleston.
2015 - 2018 - MFA concentrating in sculpture. Clemson University
2007 - 2012 - BFA concentrating in General Studio. Winthrop University
2015 - 2018 - Teacher of Record ARTS 2090 Sculpture 1. Clemson University
- Teaching Assistant ARTS 1520 3D Foundations 1. Clemson University
2013 - 2015 - Artist Blacksmith / Metal Craft instructor. Creative Ironworks. Greenville SC
2018: - Visiting Artist in Residence. The Gibbes Museum. Charleston SC.
2019: - 701 CCA Prize Finalist Exhibition: Jones Carter Gallery. Lake City SC.
2018: - 701 CCA Prize Finalist Exhibition: 701 CCA Columbia SC.
- Festival Of Flowers. Juried Show (awarded Best in Show) Greenwood Art Center. Greenwood SC
- Solo Exhibition "Harbinger". Redux Contemporary Art Center. Charleston SC.
2017: - Gallery Residency on Peachtree St, exhibition in partnership with Kai-Lin Art Gallery. Atlanta GA.
- 701 CCA biennial. Juried show at 701 CCA Gallery. Columbia SC
- Palace III. Collaborative exhibition at the Artistry Gallery, Greenville SC
2016: - Festival of Flowers. juried show (awarded best in 3d) Greenwood Art Center, Greenwood SC
- Artfields. Juried competition, Lake City SC Reviewed by Bradford R. Collins Ph.D
Stephanie Mayer Heydt Ph.D. and David Houston (catalogue)
- Blue Ridge Art Center juried show, Seneca SC, juror Michael Brodeur
2015: - Solo Exhibition The Art of Carey Morton and gallery talk. Cecelia Coker Bell Gallery. Coker College, SC.
- Artfields Juried Competition. Jones Carter Gallery. Reviewed by William Pittman Andrews, William Underwood
Eiland, and Leslie Rankow. Lake City, SC (catalogue)
- Solo exhibition “Primordium” and Gallery talk at Lander University. Green Wood, SC
- Solo Exhibition “Nowhere/Now here” The Artistry Gallery, Greenville SC
2014 - Solo exhibition “Primordium” and Gallery talk at Lander University. Green Wood, SC
- Artfields juried show Lake City SC (catalogue)
- Solo Exhibition Upper floor Gallery. Arts Council of York County SC.
2013 - RAW artist rewards showcase Raleigh NC
- RAW artist showcase. Raleigh NC
2012 - BFA Senior Exhibition, Rutledge Gallery Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC.
- Collaborative Winthrop Student Exhibit, Village Studio Galleries, Greenville SC.
- Origins, collaborative show, Loading Dock Gallery, Rock Hill SC.
- Solo Exhibition, As Above So Below McLaurin Gallery, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
2011 - Stratus Sky, Winthrop University MFA & BFA juried exhibition. Charlotte NC.
2010 - Winthrop BFA juried show Gallery 80808, Columbia SC.
- Homelessness, Undergrad juried Show, Rutledge Gallery, Winthrop University Rock Hill SC.
2009 - Foundations, Juried show, Mclaurin Gallery. Winthrop University. Rock Hill SC
2008 - 50 Paintings, Rutledge Gallery, Winthrop University. Rock Hill SC.
2007 - Suspension, Mclaurin Gallery, Winthrop University. Rock Hill SC.
- Foundations Juried Show, Rutledge Gallery, Winthrop University, Rock Hill SC.
Awards / Grants / Fellowships
2015 - 2018 - Clemson University Full Graduate Assistantship
2018 - Best In Show.
2016 - Clemson University full scholarship for Penland School of Crafts summer session.
- Best in 3D Festival of Flowers Art Show. Greenwood Center for the Arts
2012 - Winthrop University highest achievement award for body of sculptural work
Selected Commissions and Public Work
2016 - Feather, hand forged steel feather 3’ x 1’ x 4’ sculpture commissioned for Deana Tilley for Cinemax’s show TV show Outcast. Episode 6.
2015 - Feather, hand forged steel feather. 3’ x 1’ x 4’ sculpture commissioned by actor Christian Kane
2014 - Sterling Elementary School Sculptural Bike Rack collaboration with artist Ryan Calloway
2013 - The Fish Project, a public sculpture in the Greenville Memorial Children’s Hospital In collaboration with artist Ryan Calloway. Greenville SC.
- The Sterling Memorial sculptural bench, commissioned by the Sterling family. In collaboration with Artist Ryan Calloway. Swamp Rabbit Trail. Grenville SC.
- Sterling Tiger Memorial Bridge Railing, Greenville SC
2012 - The Windows Project. Commissioned by Wells Fargo. Quail Hollow Golf Course Charlotte, NC.
2008 - Sculptural Bike Rack commissioned by City Hall of Rock Hill. SC
2016 - Artfields 2016 Accepted Artists Catalog
2015 - Artfields 2015 Accepted Artists Catalog
2012 - Hoop and Stick, Au Courant No. 15, Artist Review
Lectures / Presentations / Workshops
2014 - 2017 - “Blacksmithing demo” Artisphere Festival, with Creative Ironworks, Greenville SC.
- “Blacksmithing / Welding Workshop” Creative Ironworks Greenville SC
2016 - “Art and Magik” Presentation for Visual Arts Seminar at Clemson University,
2015 - Visiting Artist Talk and Undergrad Critique, Coker College, Hartsville. SC.
- Visiting Artist Talk and Undergraduate critique, Lander University, Greenwood. SC.
- “Feather Demo”, Metal craft and blacksmithing demo for the South Carolina Artist Blacksmith Guild. Hartwell, SC. 2015
2017 - Artist and Exhibition consultant for Tempo Arts Collective, Greenville, SC.
2013 - 2017 - Artist and Gallery Consultant, Artistry Gallery, Greenville. SC.